The Equallogic is all cabled up and ready to go. Servers have been installed and there is no room above the array in the rack. You need the service tag number, but Equallogic has been nice enough to stamp the tag on top of the array. Brilliant!
You log into the Group Manager and follow a link from Equallogic on how to find the Member Service Information. Unfortunately the GUI you’re using does not match this interface. You continue to search around the GUI and find a tab under Maintenance that says Service Tag, but it says “No service tag”. Thanks Dell and Equallogic. (I hope they fix this in the future).
Dell Equallogic arrays are defined by serial numbers, not service tags.
- Open up Group Manager.
- Use grpadmin:grpadmin, if everything is default, to login.
- Click Members and choose the appropriate array
- Go to the versions tab and highlight backplane
- Take note of the backplane serial number. It will start with “SHU”.
- Go to the Dell Equallogic Serial Number Converter website
- Type in the serial number and hopefully you will get a response
- Since it probably won’t work, you will need to call 1-800-945-3355 and tell support that you want to find your Equallogic Service Tag number. They will redirect your call to the appropriate number.