- Export wildcard pfx from Windows machine
- Download openssl for windows – http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/openssl.htm
- Copy wildcard pfx to machine where openssl was installed
- Run the following commands:
openssl.exe pkcs12 -in nameofwildcard.pfx -nocerts -out Keyname.pem
openssl.exe pkcs12 -in nameofwildcard.pfx -clcerts -nokeys -out Certname.pem
openssl.exe rsa -in Keyname.pem-out Keyname-nokey.pem
- Open up barracuda interface and go to Advanced – Secure Administration
- In the Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA) section, add Certname.pem into the Signed Certificate field and keyname-nokey.pem into the Private Key field.
- Click Upload.
- Change Certificate type to “Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA)”
- Save changes
Credit to Cycure for a well written openssl guide.